Friday, March 23, 2012

Sherlock MV

I was on camp so I haven't gotten the chance to see it until now. But I have now. And now here is my review on the MV for 'Sherlock'.

The Look
Okay, so for this MV there are basically 2 looks. The first, is the look I really love. The detective look. It's about time we got to see our boys in suits and conservative colours! Not that  hated the bright colours. So that look was really well done. It really reminded me of olden day detectives. I especially love Taemin's top hat. It is really nice.

The other look is the look I'm not too fond of. I mean it is their style, but where are the skinny jeans? I think it would have looked better with skinny jeans. And of course Taemin pulled it off, but I didn't like his pink and white poncho. Everyone else looked like they were at an SMTOWN tour.

About their hairstyles... Well they were okay I guess. But why did it seem to me that SME was recycling their hairstyles? Key has been blonde for the past year and a half, Taemin's hair is his Lucifer hair but longer. Jonghyun and Minho never change their hairstyles. Only Onew's was something new for me. I have never seen him with a middle part and split bands. But though the hairstyles were recycled I still quite liked them.

The Video/Story
So now moving onto the video. It follows a pretty typical pattern, with close ups, dance and some story. But I got interested when I saw it wasn't a story about the SHINee members all having a crush on one girl, or all being devastated about a break up with one girl. Though it did focus on one girl, Jessica from SNSD, they didn't like her or anything. 

So the beginning scene opens to them all sitting around in a room, dressed and acting like detectives. Then they get, what I presume is a case. So they all go to this museum which has been taped off. And they seem to be looking for these missing jewels. So in all their detective glory, with Taemin's dog, Key's torch and Minho's awesome old-fashioned camera (<3) then start looking. And all the while, Jessica, which seems to be a ghost, wanders around them, creeps them out and drops clues. Really obviously. And then she poses for Minho to take a picture of her? Okay, it was a bit weird, but it wasn't their fault. Blame the camera crew.

So they all look at the 3 clues that Jessica has so conveniently dropped and they come to this painting. The dog barks and they all go in to discover the jewels. I'm sorry but you have a pretty useless detective dog there. I mean, it should have barked before you figured out the clues yourself. And if it wasn't one of those detective dogs, then why did it bark in the first place? Conclusion is that you have a bad detective dog.

So they get into the newspaper, with Onew  doing a peace sign... so cute our dubu... And then they are at home and Key discovers an article from 1910 about the world's most beautiful girl and jewellery. Wow. What a bad title. And I don't understand why they are all so shocked. Yes you just saw her ghost. Is that why???

The Dance
Of course, like all SHINee songs, the dance is completely awesome. My favourtie was the beginning where everyone comes out of one like one at a time. Then the part where they are all posing and Jonghyun is the only one moving. Then the part where they all go into one line. You know what I mean. I like how they're not all dancing the same move at the same time, like a chorus line. Because those dances are so boring to watch.

One part I didn't like about the dance was the part at the very beginning of the chorus. The leap towards the stage with purposely elongated strides didn't do it for me. It didn't fit in with the rest of the dance. The rest of the dance was robotic and detailed and this was just leaping through the green hills and the blue skies... with your arms crossed.

End
So if you bothered to read all that, I liked the MV. I am totally in love with the song. But SME, really. Stop putting so much effort into EXO with their 100 teasers and pay attention to SHINee okay? Some of the money for EXO came from SHINee so treat your existing artists better.

Sheree xx

No comments:

Post a Comment