Saturday, September 1, 2012

2012 SM Youth Star Audition [SYDNEY]

So today, on the 1st of September 2012, my sister and I went to Strathfield town hall to participate in the SM Youth Star Auditions. Since we were in the early batch, our time slot was at 1pm. So after some pushing, we got into the waiting room after 15 minutes. We filled out application forms, got numbers (mine was B60, my sister's A119) and then sat down to wait.

So we waited and waited...

Until around 3:30pm, it was my turn. I went before my sister, so I went into the room. It was B41 to B60 as one batch, so I was last. The twenty of us went into the Audition room where there was a camera, two judges, and two staff. The first 10 lined up by the wall, and the other 10 waited. When it was your turn, you had to step to the marker line and sing, or dance, or act, or model. So I waited for my turn, and when it was, it was scary... I really stuffed up because I was straining my voice so hard. I don't know what the judges were thinking because I was looking at the camera. Afterwards, they asked B58 to stay behind, she was a girl from my school. She's really pretty and sang well, and she got a callback! I'm happy for her though sad that I know I didn't make it. But there is still a chance, if they look at my video and like it, they will email me within a month.

So then it was my sister's turn, so while she was having her audition, a girl from my batch, who did acting put on sunglasses and Gangnam-styled down the alleyway. Everyone cheered and clapped, and at the back of the alleyway, she struck a pose and then left. She's really fun, I should have gotten her name...

But overall, it was fun though a rather tedious day. When I went outside after finishing my audition... boy was I glad to be early. It was now 4pm, and the line outside the waiting room stretched the entire block. Wow...

1 comment:

  1. Hmm sorry if this is a repost but suddenly my comment disappeared!

    Are you sure that the girl you know (B58) got callback and not just held back for questioning, etc? Because for them to call people back less than a day after the audition is a bit too quick isn't it :s??

    ReplyDelete