Wednesday, June 13, 2012

'ELECTRIC SHOCK' by f(x) Review

Alright, here's my review on f(x)'s long anticipated comeback, ELECTRIC SHOCK. Don't bash me here af(x)tions, I'm not hating on them, I'm giving my honest opinion. I love f(x), you know!

The song
 What can I say? SME, are you planning to make all your artists go into a downward spiral? This song was not as impressive as I would have expected for a comeback song after such a long time. Hot summer was fabulous. Pinocchio was amazing. Electric Shock... was disappointing. It was quite repetitive. There is only so many times one can repeat Electric Shock before it just doesn't work anymore. Some parts were good, I really like Ambers bit around 3/4 of the way into the song? Yea... all in all, the song was repetitive and quite minimalistic. Which isn't a bad thing but you know, comeback song after hiatus, I expected more.

The video
The video...was the most boring video I've ever seen. It was like Sistar's 'Alone' video and one of Super Junior's MV's mashed together. You have f(x) dancing in a pink place. Then you have them dancing in the... wait for it... the white box. Oh the white box. SM, I thought we talked about this before. Taking your artists and placing them in white boxes is not cool. Especially how you have trapped Super Junior in there for so long. But the video was basicaly, dance --> invidicial --> dance --> dance --> individual and repeat. At least give me something else! Ok, I understand at the break point, they were all standing around a white room... if you want to do that, that's cool, just NO MORE WHITE ROOMS!

And Sulli... are those defibrillators you're holding? Sulli, you know that they are for hospital use right? Not the kind of electric shock you would really want to give anyone who is not on the verge of death. Others had tasers, fair enough, but don't kill anyone with them k? Especially Victoria seemed to get electrocuted... I hope you're fine Victoria-unnie!

The Outfits
OMG did anyone else LOVE Victoria's blonde hair? I absolutely adored it, it completely made her look like a doll! She was so pretty! And I think Amber looked really good with the blue contact lenses, the best out of them all, surprisingly. Sulli looked cool for a while...then she wore a miniskirt with sneakers. Sulli, I understand your image is cute. But this song is really not cute. SM please give Sulli some cooler clothing. I thought it was going to right way with the coloured hair extension things but apparently no.

The Dance
I really like the beginning part. At the very beginning how they moved across the stage as one single unit, it was amazing! It was just...wow, I really liked it. The chorus was pretty good. It suited the song well, and made it fun. So yay for the dance!

Overall
Overall, out of 5, I would give ELECTRIC SHOCK, a 3.5/5. Keep fighing f(x)!






Oh and SME, please give f(x) and official fanclub name already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment